Monday 7 February 2011

MY LITTLE SIS TAKING THE FASHION/SADDLERY WORLD BY STORM.....!








Showing alot of love for my little sister @Marywingto.
She is defo 1 of a kind! Her vision and creative flair has pushed all boundaries in her world and her love and passion for life and its surprises show in her work, there's NO stopping her...! She has already left her mark on some of the most prestigious awards in the industry even to the surprise of her peers...
All you lovers of bespoke design and leather craft.... Keep your eyes and ears open..
shes a name you will be hearing even bigger things about.!

A quick Q & A ....

WHAT ARE U DOIN RIGHT NOW AND YOUR PLANS FOR THE FUTURE?

A fashion designer/ Saddler/ leather artist based in London. I make bespoke leather goods for renowned luxury brands as well as international collaborations and commissioned work for other Designers, artists and film makers. I also continue to work and master the art of leather craftsmanship at the Royal Mews under the watchful eye of the Queens Master Saddler and Harness maker making harnesses which is vital to the transportation of her majesty and royal family. I aim to revive traditional British a Saddlery craftsmanship in design. The future is not for me to know…I do what’s in heart and totally trust that my work takes me where I’m supposed to be…


WHERE DID YOU TRAIN?

I graduated in 2007 with an MA Distinction in Fashion Design and Technology at London College of Fashion whilst undertaking an apprenticeship as a coat maker on Savile Row. I then went on to train and qualify in tradicional saddlery craftsmanship.


WHAT MAKES TALENT ? :

A natural instinct to create whats in heart.


WHATS YOUR INSPIRATION ? :

Leather in all forms. I have been mesmorised by the sheer beauty and relationship between man and horse. My imagination is ultimately ruled by my own passion and Curiosity about all things in life.


AWARDS?


Driven by her vision and love of leather and is known in the industry for her unique forte, integrating both fashion design and saddlery skills creating innovative designs that have earned her the prestigious City & Guilds Medal of Excellence Award and Lions award for creative craftsperson of the year. A registered member of the Society of Master Saddlers her expertise in leather and unique design eye has won her premium prizes in national saddlery competitions most recently first prize for her harness work which she also gained the prisigeous best harness in show trophy. Her fashion sculptural leather garments have claimed her a Best International Designer Award in Holland and New Zealand.


WHATS YOUR AIM?


I aim to push the boundaries of creativity by reviving Traditional British Saddlery Craftsmanship in design. Experimenting and Innovation is integeral to my work.


www.marywingto.com


Thanks sis! and Good luck with everything thats comming your way..! OAO. xx